Friday, January 28, 2011

And we're back

Hello again! It's been a while. I think the hormones have finally worn off from this second kiddo's birth. (Let us from here on call her Blue Eyes, because she is the only one in this little family that has them.) Anyway, back to hormones. A person can say and do some really crazy things hopped up on hormones. Of course, I don't need hormones to do that.

We're 7.5 months into Blues Eyes life. I am noticing a reemergence of patterns. Sleep deprivation. Check. Loss of personal time. Check. Loss of personal identity. Check. Monotonous tasks being completed daily (i.e. dishes, laundry, changing the diaper pail). Check. Addiction to the smell of your child. Check. :) The list could go on, but I do see things a little differently this time. I back in the tunnel from being in the light. I know it's there. So while I may panic that my house is a mess, and I have things I want to do, and I feel too tired and emotionally drained to get out of the house as either a friend or spouse even though I really need it, I know this is for a short time. Curious J reminds me almost daily how short this time is.

Have I mentioned he's starting kindergarten next year. Yeah. Fast.

Speaking of sleep deprivation, I should go to bed. While Blue Eyes is a great night time sleeper, I am still stupid and go to bed late. It doesn't help that Curious J doesn't fall asleep until 10pm - even if we do start bedtime at 8pm. But damn, it is hard to choose between sleep and adult time. Guess which one I chose tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment