Saturday, March 26, 2011

Goodbye Geraldine

Today marks the passing a woman who will remain in my memory for my entire life. Geraldine Ferraro. For those of you who do not know, she was the vice presidential nominee for the Democratic party in 1984 running with Walter Mondale. Yeah, I actually remember something about history. This is it.

Now, BDR does not remember her, probably because for a boy growing up, seeing a male president or vice president was everyday. For us little girls, the possibility of being a person in such an important position as a female was awesome. And because of this, I wanted to be the first female President of the United States. Now, here I am as a SAHM being no where close to running for office, but the dream was alive for me because of her.

Thank you, Geraldine. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment