Thursday, March 17, 2011

My baby's growing up



Well, that's true, but I'm not nearly as devastated as I made it sound in the title. I am like the normal parents: concerned about Curious J adapting to the new environment. But I have a feeling that just like preschool, he will acclimate just fine. Our preschool did an amazing job of getting J out of his shell.

Speaking of acclimating, Blue Eyes is kicking it with her therapy. Her grasping and inspecting objects has improved greatly. While her gross motor is going a bit slower, her therapists are awesome at pointing out the positives of how she is doing. I think because the use of her hands improved so quickly, I was expecting the same with her rolling and crawling. But the therapists said they were pleased with the strengthening of core. I have to buy her these spandex "hip helpers" to keep her legs in (http://www.hiphelpers.com/), which will ultimately help her get into crawling position. Yeah, she going to love that. She has not been please with the last two sessions. But I know it's good for her.

And some of you will appreciate this. The DT said she was cognitively very aware. That's right, bitches, #2 is smart, too. Genius. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment