Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Girl

This is my daughter. She may be daddy's girl, but she is all me in personality. My mom always said one day I would understand, and I do. She is headstrong, opinionated, mischevious and vocal. She drives me bonkers sometimes when she has her mind set on something and will embarass the holy shit out of me in public to let me know that I am not complying with her wishes. She is not a big hugger with her parents or brother. She screams. She has a short temper. And she is going to continue to challenge me everyday of our lives.

She is the most beautiful little girl I know. She can tell me what she wants with more words than a lot of kids her age. She loves trying to figure out where things belong. She loves to color and socialize out in public (just don't touch her). She is independent. She loves to dance and if you are lucky, she will serenade you with a song from time to time. And at bedtime, she will hold my hand (but that's it, people).

After all the phone calls from the principal at school in the future for pulling some other little girl's hair out (or spitting in another girl's hair like I did), she is going to grow up into a strong, smart, beautiful woman... I just need to make sure to encourage the right strengths. Piece of cake. ;)

And then, god help the person she marries. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment