Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm THAT parent

Today was school tour day for prospective kindergarten families. As I was getting ready to leave the house, I banged my head on my hutch. There's a reason I tell you this.

Fast forward about 1 hour. We are nearing the end of the tours. It's warm in the school. I have my coat on. We are touring in groups. It's parent question time in the small library room filled with many parents. I start getting light headed. So I go in the hallway near the front door. I feel better. I go back inside the library. This time I get light headed and my ears start to get pressure or go silent. You know, the feelings right before you pass out. I haul it back to the hallway chair.

A very nice parent who was giving the tours came out and made sure I was ok. I mentioned the warmth and the fact that I banged my head. But she adds that it also is a bit overwhelming to think about kindergarten.

Oh shit. I am now that parent that is anxious about my baby going to school all because it's warm in the school or my head is internally bleeding. I try to reassure her that it is the warmth. I am sure I am (not) believed. To prove it was the heat, I got up, walked outside and felt immediately fine. It helps that it was 30 degrees outside.

I swear, it was just the heat.

PS - I had a great day with my kids (not just good - GREAT), and a great night at bunco. I don't get enough time to talk to the women I play with. They are kinda awesome.

PPS - Curious J thought the afternoon school tour was great. It helps that they had bowling in the gym/cafeteria with fun music playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment