Sunday, February 6, 2011

My latest project

At Christmastime, I made our family ornaments. And because I just usually sit and play spider solitaire while watching tv most nights (I know, I'm very busy), I decided to pull the polymer clay back out. So I have two things I want to work on.

#1 Angry bird guys. I picked these because Jack loves the angry birds game, and because they look pretty easy to make. No complicated color mixing. Very basic shapes. I haven't made one yet.
#2 Miniature food. I found this website that shows me step by step how to make little foods like carrots, tomatos, bread. I tried the bread. It didn't turn out like the picture. But I'll try again. I did, however, make a pea pod. I'd show you a picture, but I'm too lazy to get out my camera. I have this secret wish that Blue Eyes will like dollhouse stuff so I can make things for it - just like I have enjoyed building train tracks and lego creations with J.

On tap for tomorrow: School visits for kindergarten (fast breathing), and Bunco with mom friends from J's school.

Also, my dad is turning 70 tomorrow. So wish him a Happy Birthday! :) I can't believe he is 70. He doesn't make me think of a 70 year old man. To me, he is still the 40 or 50 something year old man that took me to school in the morning or came to visit me at college. And sometimes, he tries to be, too. He has softened with age. I hope he has many more years to come. I take for granted the fact that I do no have all the time in the world with my parents. I know I don't. And I hope that I have time to not be an ass of a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment