Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Scientist baby


A few blogs ago, I mentioned that I noticed Blue Eye's eyes not matching up correctly. After meeting with the opthamologist, we were given the diagnosis of intermittent exotropia. Because he did not specialize in pediatric opthamology, we were referred to a doctor in a city nearby. Today, we went to the pediatric opthamologist and he was able to test BE. He found an astigmatism which (from what I believe he said) could have been the reason why BE never developed the single vision using both eyes. Blah, blah, blah, a bunch of medical information, and we were given glasses.

Curious J has named her Scientist Baby. Doesn't she look beautiful! There is a chance that the glasses will correct the issue. Blah, blah blah, percentage of success. Blah, blah, blah, if not, here's what happens next.

We will check back in 6 weeks to see how it goes.

By the way, I did pay attention during the blah, blah, blahs. But passing on the information from my non-medical degreed brain to my readers would just be disastrous.

After two hours at the clinic, we did go to Chuck E Cheese. Curious J was very patient and helpful. So he got to play some rockin' fun games with dad.

3 comments:

  1. How do you keep glasses on a baby? I'm very curious how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have glasses with C shape ears. The doc didn't expect her to keep them on for long periods of time. But the lady fitting her glasses said that when babies and toddlers can see through the glasses, a lot of times they stop trying to take them off. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! My cousin had glasses as a baby too, I think they get used to them pretty quickly. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete