Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My last post

So I did say it was good news that two "evil" people were dead. May I say in no way did I delight in their deaths. I didn't woot and hollar. I felt not much, actually. A man who is considered a harm to people was exterminated. My kid heard me talking to a friend who asked my opinion on it. I tried to explain that while we do not rejoice in the death of others, it is sometimes necessary. Yeah, good times.

So that's it. Just to clarify. I'm glad we discussed it.

Of course, having these kind of discussions makes you really reevaluate how you describe good and bad to your children. Kids think in black and white. You have to descibe things that way in the beginning. But the truth is, nothing is in black and white. We have all done good things and bad things. At what point does a good person end and an evil person begins? How much bad does someone have to do? Don't look at me, I don't have the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment