Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a mother of a day.

Today's sentiment is beautiful. Appreciate your mother. For some of us who are a little bit shitty to our mothers, it is a good reminder to thank them for the sacrifices they have made and gifts they have given to us. To note, I have a mother who is so super loving that sometimes I feel smothered. But, and this is a huge but, this woman would do almost anything for me. She has my back. And I think the reason she does what she does is because she loves us so much that she would rather take any pain we experience away. This includes making suggestions, calling all the time... you get the idea. I love you, too, mom.

But today makes me sad. It reminds me of my loss as a mother. And because of that loss, I feel much more aware of the pain that this day may bring to others. As some celebrate, others are reminded of their loss, or their struggles to grow a child in their bodies or adopt a child. Some are looking at the clock wondering when their lives will line up just right, so that they can experience motherhood themselves. I am thinking of them today. I would love for them to get exactly what they want. I know that is not possible for everyone, so I hope they find peace and joy in their lives.

I love my kids. I love my husband. This job is hard, but I don't ever want to know life without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment