Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bunny update

A couple of concerns were brought to my attention about the bunnies (thanks BDR and Quigs ;)). While I did create a new bunny house out of long, dry grass today, and placed both of the baby bunnies in there to hide. Then BDR and Quigs mentioned that the mama bunny may abandon the babies if they smell like humans (even if I did weat gloves). Got all that.

I am happy to report that mama bunny fed the bunnies tonight.

Of course, let me note that Quigs called me back and said that baby bunnies either will die trying to escape from the human's hands and break their neck OR they will the smell of the predator will kill them. Good times. I am happy to report that nothing like that happened today. And now that I have given them a home and I promise not to touch them again unless it's to keep them away from trying to eat BDR or Curious J.

2 comments:

  1. You know the cute garden you and Curious J are going to make? Those little rabbits are going to destroy it. Literally, they will obliterate it. So I wouldn't worry about being too nice to them....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I would post this for you.

    http://www.threelittleladiesrabbitry.com/touchingkit.php

    I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

    -RF

    ReplyDelete