Thursday, August 6, 2009

My amusing day so far.

Today has started well for Curious J and me. He woke up with a dry pull-up, he used the potty and has had a dry underwear all day. I have asked but not made him go. I was surprised to find that he held his bladder for almost 3 hours after drinking OJ and AJ. I sometimes underestimate his ability to know himself.

J has been in a fun mood today. He wanted to play chase. I did not want to play chase. But I did it anyway because I have been feeling like a very neglectful parents (not really neglectful, just not playing with him like I should). I had a great time playing chase and felt more awake. We built a new train track, which for me is always fun! Then he told me I broke my sink, so he took his toolkit and hammered the tap while I cleaned up the carpet from his cheeto experience the day before. Then he fixed my front door and my side table door. Really stellar work.

Update at 7pm: Curious J has pooped 3 times on the potty today and has continue to be dry. AWESOME progress.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Two posts in one week! :P

    Awesome job, J! I seriously underestimated the time and work that potty-training would take, but it's really rewarding to me. I'm not sure why, but I'm really proud of the progress. So good work!

    But I am a little concerned that your kid poops three times in one day. Maybe you should lay off the prunes, dude. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'm pretty sure I'd poop three times a day if I got star wars toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He had a little bit of loose stool today. Usually he is an every other day kid. We have to cut back on the OJ. More milk and yogurt for the next couple of days!

    It's rewarding because it's all we have. (j/k) :)

    ReplyDelete