Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tonight's report

Here are a few thoughts for the night:

1. We really can't do dinners here. Nick is tormented (although he won't say so) by picking up food, driving here, getting into the labor/delivery unit (he waited 15 minutes outside the door) and keeping a child from spilling food/drink. I am tormented by his torment. It's easier to each separate. And that will have to be ok with me.

2. My parents will never understand that the are not only a great help but also a great stress factor. I had 3 contractions while on the phone with them tonight.

3. I plan on stuffing my face with oreos. As one of the nurses joked, "Food is all you have control over right now."

4. Based on a rule from Kelly and Neil, I am allowed 24 hours of suckage. I have used up about 8 of those. Can I save the other hours for a different day, or is it a use it or lose it thing?

4 comments:

  1. 1. That's a little sad. But on the other hand, your friends can come up and bring you dinner and visit with you before the goodnight visits with the boys. We can binge on Oreos! The mint ones, the vanilla ones, the yellow ones...an Oreo buffet!

    2. Maybe you should start communicating with them through email. :)

    3. See number 1.

    4. Sorry, hon. It's a take it or leave it kind of situation. I'd take advantage now if I were you and let it all out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they meant 24 hours each day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry. I don't need any more of my 24 hours now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry if number 2 made me laugh a bit, but I feel the same way about my mom, maybe they just help out w/o actually seeing/talking to you...
    I stuffed my face w/ oreo's the other night and had absolutely no reason to do it- enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete