Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This having babies thing...

Lately, I have read many thoughts about mother's day and friends fertility struggles. In the last year, I have learned more about friends who have had miscarriages and premature babies - some who have survived and some who have not. I know some who want to have the experience of parenthood, but for some reason or another, do not get the chance. And stories of those who have had some time with their children only to outlive them. To bring even more frustration to the situation, I have also heard some really shitty stories lately of people who treat their kids like crap, when there are others who would jump at the chance to give those same kids love.

If you have experienced any of those things, you can feel the pain that others have experienced. And if you haven't, you can still empathize because you understand that intense feeling of love for someone else. I really truly wish with everything I have that things would work out for those who want the experience.

The problem with not being a religious woman is that I know my thoughts don't do much except let someone know I'm thinking of them; whereas those, who believe in a higher power, believe that someone else is going to make things better. And that is something I envy.

I hope this post does not offend; it is meant to show support. Take care out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment