Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Facts of Life

This is the taking the bad part of the facts of life. Don't ask me why, but I have found myself depressed and crying most of my day away. There is nothing different about today. But I have just felt very sad. Every time I have seen my boys today, I cried. Hugging them, talking to them was just not enough. THe time feels too short for my visits with them and I am left with the vivid memory of my little boy crawling up to me and hugging me and Ellie belly.

After saying goodbye to them at around 6pm tonight, I cried for 30 minutes; then I was going to write this blog about FUCK people for not appreciating things in life (although I would disclaim that I too take things for granted). I felt so pissed watching people take things for granted. Big stuff, by all means is aloud to suck. But when you have a broken nail or your day didn't go exactly how you want it. You didn't get all your chores finished. You didn't get that pedicure you wanted, you missed a movie, you got the wrong meal for dinner. I was just ready to say, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

And after calming down, I reminded myself that we all have sucky days. As my good friend once told me, just because someone else had a worse day, doesn't makes your day any less sucky. Of course this is the same friend who allows me to have a maximum of 24 hours to be allowed to feel sucky.

But as your read this I hope that you find yourself slowing down a little (not to my snail pace). And I hope you take that extra time to snuggle your family - do it for this goofball who doesn't get to say goodnight in person to her husband or son. Enjoy that run or walk because some people don't get to leave their homes, nursing homes, hospital rooms. Enjoy the fresh air, the sunset, the fabulous dinner. Just try to enjoy it all more. I know this bedrest enlightenment won't last forever, but I will try not to take things for granted when I'm outta here. Because sometimes when things get back to normal, we forget what we have learned. And that is just being human.

No comments:

Post a Comment