Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Still can't shake the feeling

Today was a better day. My eyes were not puffy, so that's always a good start. But by late in the afternoon and evening, I was missing the boys. They went home from work and Miss Kelly's house, we chatted during dinner and then spoke on Skype while they played WOW. But then it was time for bed, and my heart hurt again.

Ellie has been a moving maniac all day. Not painful moving, but pleasant "hey mom, I'm here" movement; she has been reminding me that I'm not alone in here.

I saw this dress (on the right) that I would totally dress her in. Stylish, but not pink or frilly.

Now that the adavan is kicking in (or it's just the fact that tomorrow is my last day in the 20s weeks, I will let you in on a happy secret. They have the best ice here. It compares with Sonic. (Oh Sonic, how I miss you, like an addict misses her crack.)

And tonight, I ended up with a very empathetic woman taking my dinner order. They are starting to know I am a long haul kind of a patient. Anyway, not only did she hook me up with the good cafeteria ice cream, but also the chocolate fudge, and oreos. I had a leftover banana and made myself a sundae for dinner. I wish I could say that the food make my heart feel better, but it did make me not want to throw up, unlike so many other choices on the menu. She also sent up a container of salted peanuts for me. So thanks, (well call her) my supplier, for making my day a little better.

3 comments:

  1. You're almost in the home stretch, kiddo. You can do this. :)

    And I can totally make that dress. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting out small with lilly pads and tall nuts. I will have a completely tall nut soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mdress is so cute! and uh can't wait to see your tall nut...

    ReplyDelete