Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Don't drink the koolaid

This morning, I have a lovely visit from my doc. I get a visit from him every morning now that I'm here. I asked him if I needed to keep those blood circulation boots on all day, and he said no. I told him that some of the nurses make sure that I wear them all the time, and he said I don't have to be complient and I should speak up. Love my doctor. Ultrasound of my cervix is on Friday. We'll see what's left of it.

Also this morning, I got to take my blood sugar test. Aren't you all just jealous? Never had one? Well you have to drink an 8-10 oz cup of sugary liquid. It tastes like sunkist without the carbonation. And you have to drink it in 5 minutes. No pressure. I liked the nurse who gave it to me because she giggled as she said she was sorry to do this to me. But she told me she had to take this test every week when she was pregnant, so I told her she had a right to giggle.

My parents are coming into town today. Nick has a chance to work late the next couple of nights, which I know will help relieve some of his work stress. The boys visited last night, which is the highlight of my day. I talked to my college roommate and very good friend, Carie, on Skype last night. I love that we can pick up where we left off. It stinks that she lives so far away, but I'm glad we got to do the video chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment