Friday, April 23, 2010

Say "cheese"

So we had our ultrasound today. It took almost an hour for it because they tested Ellie to see if she practiced breathing within a half hour. Little girl, who hiccups a lot on me (a sign of breathing), didn't practice until 28 minutes. :) She really is going to be stubborn.

I love Ellie. She moved more like a baby today then ever before (not shock there) and watching her yawn and cover her eyes with her hands made me so happy. It was our little girl doing baby stuff. And before we know it, she will be making that yawning face to us.

Let's see... she's head down (and hiccuping as I type), 2lbs., 13oz., and hanging out very low. But my cervix is still closed, it was measured about 1.1cm, not as short as the .8 I had, but not as long as before. So we'll take it. I am one week off from being 30 weeks, which means I can deliver here from then on out.

And I should be getting that ambien on time tonight, and everyone has been knocking first.

Someone is getting a catheter down the hall, so I consider myself lucky. Have you ever had one of those? Yeah, it sucks rocks.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Is she about an average size for this age? She sounds big, which I'm guessing is good! I always loved getting ultrasounds further in the pregnancy- they really are so much more real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is actually measuring 1 day ahead of her scheduled due date. It's impressive considering she's half short person (on my side of course). :) Nick calls his side of the family the Ogres because they always do the labor kind of work; when Nick is at my folks' house, they will get him to lift or move stuff for them. It's funny.

    ReplyDelete